By Ann Cook
The second one variation of the hugely acclaimed American accessory education, now on five audio CDs, is for foreign-born scholars and enterprise humans operating, touring or learning within the usa and Canada. via wide intonation and pronunciation workouts, scholars how you can converse with a regular American accessory. while, listening comprehension improves dramatically. Supplementary fabrics incorporated targeted nationality publications for 8 languages (Chinese, jap, Indian, Spanish, French, German, Russian and Korean), entry to a accomplished web site, and referral to a professional mobilephone analyst for somebody diagnostic speech research. additionally incorporated are coloured markers for written workouts, and a reflect to perform exact pronunciation.
Read or Download American Accent Training - A Guide to Speaking and Pronouncing American English PDF
Similar english as a second language books
It is a re-creation with a changed syllabus and wide new fabric.
It truly is Christmas Eve and Della Dillingham younger in basic terms has $1. 87 to shop for her husband a gift, so she sells anything very distinct; yet what present is her husband making plans for her? O. Henry (1862-1910) used to be born William Sydney Porter in North Carolina, united states. The present of the Magi is one in every of his most famed tales.
Some of the most universal difficulties dealing with ESL lecturers is the complex talking category during which the main convinced scholars dominate the dialogue and the weaker scholars speedy withdraw. dialogue Starters is designed to stability the oral participation of the entire scholars within the type and therefore advertise an atmosphere within which every body has not just an opportunity yet a true have to converse out.
Company Vocabulary in Use complex moment variation is for college kids and execs seeking to extend their enterprise vocabulary. Bringing newcomers modern with the language they want for enterprise at the present time, this publication explains phrases and expressions and likewise offers perform of utilizing the hot language.
- Messages 1 Student's Book
- English in Mind 1 Teacher's Book
- Oxford Discovery Readers 4 Reader
- Top-Up Listening 1 (Bk. 1)
Additional resources for American Accent Training - A Guide to Speaking and Pronouncing American English
In the absence of a noun, you will stress the adjective, but as soon as a noun appears on the scene, it takes immediate precedence—and should be stressed. Exercise 1-25: Sentence Stress with Descriptive Phrases Track 37 Repeat the following phrases. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. Adjective It's short. It's chocolate. It's good. It's guarded. It's wide. There're four. It was small. It's the best. Noun and Adjective It's a short nail. It's a chocolate cake. It's a good plan. It's a guarded gate. It's a wide river.
12. a fire engine sports fanatic the kitchen floor computer disk __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ 5. 6. 7. 8. for sure OK thank you back to back __ __ __ __ 9. 10. 11. 12. on the way like a princess to pick up a pickup __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ 5. 6. 7. 8. I don't know. Bob works hard. It' s in the back. Buy us some! __ __ __ __ 9. 10. 11. 12. She has head lice. Gail has head lice. Sue's working hard. I want some more. __ __ __ __ Noun Phrases 1. 2. 3. 4. tech support software program the truth notebook Phrases 1.
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. Adjective It's short. It's chocolate. It's good. It's guarded. It's wide. There're four. It was small. It's the best. Noun and Adjective It's a short nail. It's a chocolate cake. It's a good plan. It's a guarded gate. It's a wide river. There're four cards. It was a small spot. It's the best book. CD 1 Стр. 37 из 185 Pause the CD and write your own adjective and noun/adjective sentences. Use the same words from Ex. 1-24. 9. It's _____________ It's a _____________ 10. It's _____________ It's a _____________ 11.