By Muhammad Sarwar Khan, Iqrar Ahmad Khan, Debmalya Barh
Applied Molecular Biotechnology: the following new release of Genetic Engineering explains cutting-edge advances within the swiftly constructing zone of molecular biotechnology, the know-how of the recent millennium. made from chapters authored through prime specialists of their respective fields, this authoritative reference text:
- Highlights the newest omics-based instruments and ways utilized in sleek biotechnology
- Explains how a number of molecular biology applied sciences can be utilized to increase transgenic vegetation and the way these crops can meet growing to be nutrients and plant-derived product demands
- Discusses chloroplast gene expression platforms, mitochondrial omics, plant practical genomics, and whole-genome resequencing for crop improvement
- Explores plant–microbe and plant–insect interactions affecting plant defense and productivity
- Covers animal types, pharmacogenomics, human tissue banking, and the molecular prognosis of illnesses equivalent to cervical melanoma, weight problems, and diabetes
- Examines the molecular points of viral illnesses, construction of commercial commodities utilizing viral biotechnology, and biotechnological makes use of of magnetic nanoparticles
- Describes using biotechnology within the nutrition, chemical, pharmaceutical, environmental conservation, and renewable power sectors
Applied Molecular Biotechnology: the subsequent iteration of Genetic Engineering serves as a springboard for brand new discoveries in molecular biology and its functions. hence, this booklet is a useful source for college kids and researchers of molecular biotechnology.
Read Online or Download Applied molecular biotechnology : the next generation of genetic engineering PDF
Best biotechnology books
During this specific factor assessment articles summarize the main awesome positive factors of microorganisms which may live on lower than severe stipulations. those microorganisms are tailored to dwelling at a hundred° C in volcanic springs, at low temperatures within the chilly polar seas, at excessive strain within the deep sea, at very high and low pH values (pH 0-1 or pH 10-11), or at very excessive salt concentrations (35%).
Fermentation items of fundamental metabolism reminiscent of ethanol, acetic acid, and lactic acid have been the 1st advertisement items of the fermentation undefined, by way of citric acid and comparable items of fungal starting place. As high-volume/low-price items they nonetheless occupy most sensible positions within the respective markets.
This article investigates the molecular biology of conjugation, and the following task of the transfered genes "in vivo". Conjugation could be very very important whilst contemplating biotransformations, as expression of transfered genes may perhaps enable organisms to metabolize sure substrates.
Bargains functional examples of bioreactor platforms that use immobilized biocatalysts - together with enzymes and microbial cells - which were carried out at the business point in Japan and Denmark. The e-book presents info at the present prestige of profitable new bioreactor applied sciences.
- Economics Of Biotechnology
- Plant Stress And Biotechnology
- Mass Spectrometry of Proteins and Peptides: Methods and Protocols
- Biodamage and Biodegradation of Polymeric Materials : New Frontiers
- Biosimilars and interchangeable biologics: strategic elements
- Handbook of Food Engineering Practice
Additional info for Applied molecular biotechnology : the next generation of genetic engineering
Genetic transformation mediated by this bacterium is a major tool for obtaining many commercially important transgenic crops. The Ti plasmid harbored by wild-type A. tumefaciens strains range between 200 and 800 kb in size. The transfer DNA or T-DNA and virulence (vir) genes regions are essential features of the Ti plasmids and facilitate tumor induction in plant tissue. The tumors or 36 Applied molecular biotechnology crown gall disease is caused by the expression of genes coding for phytohormones such as auxins and cytokines present in the T-DNA.
3. Size exclusion chromatography: Separates proteins according to size. The stationary solid phase consists of beads containing pores of different dimensions. Small proteins enter the pore of beads and migrate through the column slower than the particles of larger size and consequently emerge in the later fractions. 4. Absorption chromatography: Proteins to be separated are loaded on the column and sequentially released and eluted by disrupting the interaction between protein and stationary phase.
MALDI has emerged as an efficient and versatile technique for the analysis of biomolecules and large organic molecules. Chromatographic techniques Chromatography is an important method for separating mixture of compounds and isolate different components. It follows the principle of different rate of mobility and resistance faced by the migration and selective retardation of the solute during passage through resin particles. It comprises two phases, that is, mobile and stationary phase. Diverse chromatographic methods are present, which allow purification of different biomolecules.